[fi-rg] Current draft of the document

Gian Luca Volpato volpato at rrzn.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jan 24 15:15:44 CST 2008

Dear All,

I have read the last version of our document and I would like to
propose you my quick review. Mostly I have streamlined sentences,
trying to reduce repetitions and making some concepts easier to be
presented.

I have also some issues that I would like to discuss with you:

- I propose to define a common terminology: sometimes we talk about
"dynamic ports" and sometimes about "ephemeral ports" (other example
is "well-known" and "well-defined" ports). Since these two concepts
are basically equivalent (al least for me) I would suggest to use only
one term and thus keep a stronger consistency throughout our document.

- the descriptions of possible solutions are not homogenous: some are
short, other are very long. I propose to remove the very detailed
example of "UDP Hole Punching" and leave the general explanation only.

- the description of the "Application Level Gateway / Proxies" is too
much general. The first two paragraphs repeat concepts already
presented earlier in the document and the third paragraphs presents
the main idea in a too short form. Would it be possible to remove the
first 2 paragraphs and extend the 3rd one with more info?

- the description of the "Framework for Token based Firewalling in
Hybrid GMPLS Networks" is also very long. Could we reduce it removing
some parts?

- the last chapter (Summary) describes a very generic and abstract
solution that we should implement. I would prefer to set few clear
goals that we would like to reach and describe them in more specific
terms.

What do you think about having a phone-conf to finalize the document?
As Ralph correctly said it has no meaning to postpone further the
release of the doc.

Kind regards
/Gian Luca