[fi-rg] Current draft of the document

Ralph Niederberger r.niederberger at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jan 16 09:38:29 CST 2008

Dear all,

it's about 3 month ago that Thijs sent out a new draft version of the
second firewall document
to the firewalls email list.

I haven't heard any responses to this document. Do you think it is ready
for being finalized or
are there any issues additionally to be included or updated.

Next OGF will come up very soon.  I think we should finalizes the
document as soon as possible.
I would like to get things done. It doesn't make any sense to wait any
further.
If the document has to be updated, then please provide feedback. If not,
we should go on
with the text provided until now and get things finalized.

Hoping to set up a new round of discussions, I propose not to delete the
text discussing the
varies approaches in Chapter 4. I think this text part describes in more
detail, why one
solutions fits for some applications, but does not fit for others. There
are applications which can
deal with solution "x" and do not need others (maybe better solutions).
But there is no
solution available for all kinds of applications. So what do you think.

best regards

Ralph

Thijs.Metsch at dlr.de schrieb:
> Hi @all,
>
> Attached is the current draft of our document. I worked on the table and
> the mapping of the requirements towards the solutions. Comments on that
> section are welcome.
>
> Greetings from Argonne,
>
> -Thijs
>
> ---
> Thijs Metsch
> Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
> Simulations- und Softwaretechnik (SC) Koeln-Porz
> Tel: (02203) 601-3859   http://www.dlr.de/sc
> Fax: (02203) 601-3070   mailto:thijs.metsch at dlr.de

 Ralph Niederberger

 Forschungszentrum Jülich / Research Center Juelich
 Juelich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)

 D-52425 Juelich

 E-Mail: R.Niederberger at fz-juelich.de
 Tel.: +49 2461 61-4772   /  Fax.: +49 2461 61-6656

 Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
 52425 Jülich

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
 Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
 Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
 Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe