[fi-rg] Report on dynamic firewalls (esp. CODO)

C. Grimm grimm at rvs.uni-hannover.de
Mon Aug 14 08:12:36 CDT 2006

Hi Thijs, dear all,

as possible input to the upcoming document #2 i'd like to share the
report "Practical Tests and Experiences with CODO". Gian Luca an i
prepared this short document as part of our work in the german D-Grid
project.

Apart from some practical results the summary in chapter 5 might be
useful. We consider this summary representative for most current
approaches towards dynamic firewalls in grid environments.

In addition, our prior document
http://dgi.d-grid.de/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/DGI-FG3-5/FG3-5_Dynamic_Firewalls.pdf
provides a general discussion about dynamic firewalls and a comparison
of CODO with Dyna-Fire and GCB (Generic Connection Brokering).

Of course, to prevent nasty Copy&Paste from the PDFs we'll provide both
documents in doc formaton request :-)

Best regards
Christian

-------
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Grimm       30159 Hanover, GERMANY
Assistant Professor                  Schlosswender Str. 5
R&D Computer Networks                Tel: +49 (511) 762 3978
RRZN, Leibniz Universität Hannover   Fax: +49 (511) 762 3003
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science