[dvdvol] customs forms

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Mon May 10 07:53:09 PDT 2010

Hi all.

I know we had this conversation a long time ago, but I'm just curious
what current folks are doing.  Are you using customs forms?  Are you
using them for every country that you mail to that isn't outside the
US, or just the problem countries?  Based on my reading of the USPS
guidelines, we shouldn't need to use them unless our packages are a
pound or more (which they're not) or dutiable (which they shouldn't
be).  I've never used customs forms, except when mailing to certain
problem countries, like Iran or Egypt, and I've never had any
problems, but maybe I'm just really lucky.

Also, approximately how much are you folks paying for international
mailings nowadays?  Is your post office imposing the non-bendable
items sir-charge?

I also noticed that the USPS has put the customs form 2976 online now.
 Is anyone using this?

I ask because I recently checked out a large number of requests from
Bangladesh (we must have gotten some local publicity; if anyone knows,
I'd like to here) and I'm hoping to be able to avoid the forms if I
an.

Thanks.

Aaron