[dvdvol] some stats

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Sat Feb 26 21:41:47 PST 2005

At the request of a volunteer, here are some updated stats on the CD and
DVD giveaway.  Before the automated work-flow system was put in place, we
sent out about 14 million books on CD and DVD.  I don't happen to have the
exact numbers of each disc type, but I do have the raw data so if anyone
really really wants to know, I'd be happy to forward it for your
calculating pleasure.

Since the work-flow system was put in place, 1676 requests have been
checked in as complete.  1363 of them were for DVDs and about 313 of them
were for CDs.  This brings the grand total of books to about 28
million.  That's quite impressive when you consider that the first 14
million were mailed out over a period of about 10 months, and the last 14
million were mailed out over the past 4 months.

Thanks again to all those who have helped out with this massive
endeavor!  Without you it would not have been possible.

Sincerely
Aaron Cannon

E-mail: cannona at fireantproductions.com
Skype: cannona