[dvdvol] the new ISO Creator; it's nearing completion!!!

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Mon Aug 8 19:10:22 PDT 2005

Hello all.  As you may or may not know, Craig Stephenson and greg Newby
have been working on a system to create custom CD and DVD images on the
fly.  I am happy to report that the system gets better and better each time
I look at it.  You can see the progress at
http://snowy.arsc.alaska.edu/pgiso/ .  This system is not ready for the
masses, but please feel free to take a look and poke around.  Just be sure
and report any errors and don't give the address to anyone who isn't on
this list.  Also, while it isn't complete and quite lacking in obvious
ways, feel free to forward any suggestions or ideas you might have.  If you
like coding, are fluent in PHP and Perl, and would like to help code, let
me know that as well.

I am working on the documentation for the system.  I plan on using an FAQ
format, and I could use your help in coming up with more possible questions.

Here are the questions I have so far:

What is the Project Gutenberg Custom ISO Creator?

What is an ISO?

What are the system requirements for using the ISO Creator?

What are the basic steps in creating a custom ISO?

What are the published collections?

How do I register?

Why register?

What do I do with the ISO now that I've got it?

What can I do with the discs I create?

Who can I contact if I have problems?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!