[dvdvol] Foreign languages CD

Barbara Reed barbara at interpc.fr
Sun Oct 17 13:07:25 PDT 2004

>Language information in the database is pretty reliable, we should be able
>to generate a list of files very easily.
>
>All non-english books, zipped files:
>
>  books | files |   size
>-------+-------+-----------
>   1075 |  2137 | 416028225
>
>so we can easily stuff all foreign books on a CD if we stick to zipped files.
>
>Many of those files can be thrown out because we always have 7bit and 8bit
>files for foreign books. I personally hold that 7bit files are useless for
>any language except English. Maybe throwing all those out we can build a
>CD with uncompressed files.

I agree on chucking out the 7 bit files. I don't think anyone would have a
problem with zipped files tho, and then maybe we could add the html files
if there are any in non english languages. Just don't expect me to do the

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

With best wishes
 From the lady of the changeable locks, soggy shazadi, duchess of darkness
and damp, Barbara Reed, Crevette, Tabitha, Tom, Tigress and Tippex the
catz, and Dalie the Donkey