[dvdvol] All books on a DVD

Marcello Perathoner marcello at perathoner.de
Sun Oct 17 10:04:41 PDT 2004

> As you can see, we're going to have to leave a lot off of any DVD we
> create.  The big question is what gets kept and what gets excluded.  Even
> if we only include zipped HTML and zipped text, we're still over
> budget.  Of course, there's always the possibility that we could create two
> images, a volume 1 and a volume 2, or something similar.

That's not quite true because we have many duplicated files.

  - some books have 7bit and 8bit files
  - some books have html and text files
  - some books have "complete" and "split" versions

If we sorted that out, maybe we could do a "complete" DVD. Of course
we'll have to leave any html with images or mp3s out.

--
Marcello Perathoner
webmaster at gutenberg.org