[DRMAA-WG] A question regarding libdrmaa.so in DRMAA v1.x

Cheng-Han Chung cc3423 at drexel.edu
Mon Aug 27 14:49:20 EDT 2018

To whom it may concern,

I am trying to run drmaa module under python 2.7 in a CentOS 6.x (package
repo here https://github.com/pygridtools/drmaa-python). The libdrmaa.so
requires GLIBC > 2.14. However, the OS managers do not allow us to upgrade
the glibc system-wide. Therefore, I copied the libdrmaa.so.1 acquired from
an Ubuntu desktop installed from gridengine-libdrmaa-dev to the CentOS
cluster. I then installed the glibc locally and set the DRMAA_LIBRARY_PATH
to the directory I stored the libdrmaa.so. However, the pre-compiled
libdrmaa.so still linked to the default libc-2.12 and ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
in /lib64

I am wondering what I could do to direct the libdrmaa.so to look for the
new glibc I installed locally. For what it's worth, is it possible for your
group to share the source code to compile the libdrmaa.so by our own so
that I could make the prefix right?

Note: I also tried command
patchelf --set-interpreter glibc/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 libdrmaa.so

The error message was:
cannot find section .interp

Please do not hesitate to forward this email to whoever might be able to
answer the question. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
James

--
Cheng-Han Chung