[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA Java binding implementations : are there license constraints?

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Mon Jun 27 20:16:32 EDT 2016

Hi Erwin,

Andre is right. OGF IP rules - which are designed to promote reuse and derivative works according to their terms - apply only to the OGF documents themselves. There are many examples of open source as well as commercial implementations of these specifications. It is up to the author or authors of those implementations to set license conditions for their software, which of course cannot apply to the OGF document or documents that serve as the basis for such software.

For further information, please consult the links to the open public process for creation of OGF documents given online at OGF.org/documents or directly at the following link:

https://redmine.ogf.org/projects/editor/wiki/About_OGF_Documents

Alan