[DRMAA-WG] Meeting Minutes OGF-42, Day 1

Bruno P. Kinoshita brunodepaulak at yahoo.com.br
Wed Sep 10 09:10:11 EDT 2014

Hello Peter

> We spent several years on defining an API that fits to the majority of cluster products today and tomorrow, so using the DRMAA2 spec may save you some thinking time. Please note also that many features of DRMAA2 are optional, so you can start small and extend your implementations step-by-step.

That's our plan. And we also believe that using an industry-proven software, with formed community and documentation will make it simpler for contributors and new developers.

> Univa Grid Engine 8.2 is now supporting DRMAA2 out of the box, which would allow you to implement a DRMA2 Java binding by a thin Java-to-C conversion layer for this product. If we get DRMAA2 C libraries for the other products, this layer would be re-usable (as we had it with DRMAAv1).

That sounds great. I'll try to hack an ansible + vagrant/docker script to give it a shot.

> Including your request, I have now a number of serious demands for the Java binding spec. I will start with an initial version during the next days and keep the list informed. Testing and implementations for that would be great anyways.

Thanks! Are you going to use GitHub? If so I can probably bother you there with issues and maybe PR's :)

All the best,
Bruno