[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA C Binding Issue

Roger Brobst rogerb at cadence.com
Mon Jan 28 11:31:36 EST 2013

Regarding issue-57, I agree that replacing the drmaa2_limit enum with a
separate string for each value is a good solution to the dictionary key
problem.
I have a slight preference for this over introducing an auxiliary
function which accepts the enum value and outputs a suitable string.
Pro's: implementation simplicity, extensibility.
Con's: removal of self-documenting enum, additional linktime resolution.
Does spec need to clarify that the string value is the key, not the
string address (don't rely on pointer comparisons).
I believe the header should include extern variable declarations not
definitions (each defn should only exist in one object file).
extern const char * DRMAA2_CPU_TIME;

-Roger