[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA Java impl of JobInfo.getExitStatus() returning incorrect value

Ian Johnson ian.johnson at appliedlanguage.com
Mon Jun 25 07:09:46 EDT 2012

All,

The getExitStatus() of the JobInfo object, returned by a call to
Session.wait(Session.JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY, Session.TIMEOUT_WAIT_FOREVER),
is returning an exit status of 0. This is incorrect since I know my job is
returning an exit status of 3: submitting my job using "qsub -sync y"
yields an exist status of 3.

I'm using:

drmaa-gridengine-6.2u5.jar
drmaa-common-1.0.jar

and

libdrmaa.so.1.0 from ge2011.11

Does anyone know why I get different values of exit status? Any pointers,
potential bug fixes or potential threading issues with the implementation
of org.ggf.drmaa.Session?

If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.

--
Kind regards,

Ian Johnson
Software Engineer
ian.johnson at appliedlanguage.com

Applied Language Solutions
High quality language solutions delivered on time...with a smile!

www.appliedlanguage.com
Tel (UK): +44 (0)845 367 7000
Tel (US): +1 (800) 579-5010

Riverside Court, Huddersfield Road, Delph, Oldham, OL3 5FZ. UK
Registered in the UK 5122429

Pride in everything we do | Respect everyone like a friend
Think of the environment; please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.