[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA Version 2 - Final Document - Draft 1

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Tue Mar 29 14:56:31 CDT 2011

Dear Daniel,

congratulations, seems like I missed the announcement for the position change. I left out some OGF conferences in the past, sorry for this ...

As you might have heard from Steven, DRMAA has the typical high / low activity phases of a OGF working group. We were really busy with pushing the DRMAA version 2 development in 2010, including meetings with SAGA,  OCCI and different user communities. DRMAA has (or should I say had) the advantage of a large end user community with Sun Grid Engine, which lead to many other adoptions of the spec (check drmaa.org). The second version basically considers everything we got as feedback for DRMAA in the last years.

It would be great if you could help us a little bit to promote the new version inside of OGF when the public comment period is over. SAGA and OCCI are already in close contact with us, OGSA-BES and JSDL are at least mentioned. Spreading the word inside and outside of OGF will become crucial to hopefully reach the same level of uptake as with the first version.

Thanks and best regards,
Peter.