[DRMAA-WG] Meeting minutes - conference call - June 8th - 19:00 UTC

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Wed Jun 8 16:13:38 CDT 2011

Participants: Roger, Mariusz, Daniel G., Peter

- no conf call next week, F2F meeting in Potsdam on June 20th
- "Last call" immediately after successful F2F meeting
- Submission at the end of June, as planned

Line 553:
	- What is the advantage of knowing this ?
	- Mostly too late or too early, timing issues
	- Roger: Better to have this as additional information
		 on suspended state
	- Decision: Move text to another place as implementation
	suggestion
	- user should be somehow notified
	  if the job fails / remains suspendend due to
	resource unavailability
	- Decision: remove attribute

Line 932:
	- Decision: Use InvalidArgumentException

Line 963:
	- Does not help in finding the problem, just tells you
	which function you have used
	- Known cases: limit on number of parallel sessions, out
	of disk space for session information
	- Decision: Replace OutOfMemoryException by
	OutOfResourceException (memory, disk space), use this one
	instead of SessionManagementException

Line 981:
	- Decision: InvalidArgumentException instead
	(consistency to job templates)

Line 983:
	- Decision: InvalidArgumentException instead
	(consistency to job templates)

Line 971:
	- Decision: InvalidArgumentException instead
	(just a special case)

Line 1174:
	- Daniel: Job is just a JobArray with one element in Grid Engine
	- no use case for more ellaborated JObArray filtering
	from DRMAA perspektive
	- Debate on how filtering on jobs in job arrays could look like
	- Decision: no pressing enough, leave it as it is,
	there is enough room for future array filter approaches