[DRMAA-WG] Meeting minutes - Conference call - June 1th - 19:00 UTC

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Wed Jun 8 13:26:05 CDT 2011

Participants: Peter, Daniel G. Mariusz, Roger

* JobInfo:slots
	* Line 545: Not necessary from Daniel's perspective
	* Exclusive complex: Possible to book a whole machine with only
	 one slot (e.g. memory amount) - difficult to detect
	* Better to make clear DRMAA semantics, JobInfo:slots should be
	in between the range from the job template
* Line 547:
	* Currently similar to MPI approach of host file
	* Might have large memory footprint (more slots)
	* Alternative with additional struct
	* Only necessary for reporting
	* Use case: Cluster monitoring, generate MPI machine file
	based on this information
	* Decision: Introduce new structure with machine name and
	slot count
	* Decision: Remove optional sentence
* Complete IDL list in draft 5 lacks DrmaaCapability structure
* Line 899: remove optional
* Line 933: Should be clarified that it is intended to fill
   out templates and structs
	* Set and get give impression that they are intended for
	DrmaaReflective interface attributes itself
* Line 735:
	* make it mandatory -> AR might not be implemented, but AR
	created outside should be supported then
	* InvalidValue as generic value feasible
* Research on resource limits
	* Line 244: DATA_SEG_SIZE has no use case, but we only take out
	things if they are not implementable, so leave it in
	* Decision: Job failing cannot be promised on resource
	violation (see Google spreadsheet), application might catch signal
	* Decision: Add sentence that application will be notified by
	some OS-depending means
* Line 762  - might be wrong, rethin it