[DRMAA-WG] MonitoringSession

Daniel Gruber daniel.x.gruber at oracle.com
Mon Nov 8 03:55:26 CST 2010

Hi,

in the MonitorinSession we have on machine level machineSockets and coresPerSocket.
To be consequent we should also add threadsPerCore. At least OGE/SGE does
support this. I added it into our spreadsheet.
If this is not supported by a DRM/OS it could return 0 as value for unknown.

0 for coresPerSocket and machineSockets is not allowed since we should
define coresPerSocket*machineSockets=="processors" in case a DRM or OS
does not support this kind of architectural information. I suggest to leave
it open for the DRMAA implementation if it maps the "processors" information
to coresPerSocket or machineSockets in case of missing architectural
details.

If there is no objection I'll take this as accepted.

Cheers