[DRMAA-WG] About obtaining the machines names in a parallel job

Daniel Templeton daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Wed Mar 24 08:01:54 CDT 2010

The way SGE (and I think LSF) handles parallel jobs is that there is
always a master/slave concept.  The DRM system allocates the nodes,
starts the master task, and tells it where all the slaves are.  The
master task is then responsible for starting the slave tasks, usually
via the DRM.

Maybe I'm missing some context, but this conversation sounds *way*
outside of the context of DRMAA to me.  DRMAA has nothing to do with how
a job is launched.  DRMAA is purely on the job management side:
submission, monitoring, and control.

Daniel