[DRMAA-WG] Minutes from Conference call - Jun 23th

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Mon Jul 12 15:04:45 CDT 2010

Am 07.07.2010 um 20:52 schrieb Daniel Templeton:

> Not sure I like that in the JobSession.  I mean, it *is* the
> *Job*Session, but that would mean writing a monitoring tool would
> require keeping two sessions open.

Completely agreed. The method is now in MonitoringSession.

> As for the filtering, it should be possible to filter on any job
> attribute.  We have not yet discussed job owner as a job attribute,
> but
> now that we've opened the possibility of monitoring other users'
> jobs, I
> think we have to consider it.  I don't see an issue with it.  If
> it's a
> security problem, then the DRM is free to hide anything that shouldn't
> be exposed.

Good that we already solved that ;-) We decided earlier to perform
filtering on the job list from JobSession with the JobInfo structure.
Since the structure already contains the job owner information, the
problem is solved.

> And I still don't see any resolution for the problem of getting back a
> list of several hundred thousand jobs.  I think we've had this
> discussion before.  Anyone have notes on what we decided?

We also discussed that, and basically agreed on trusting in the OO
language's scalability capabilities.

Best,
Peter.