[DRMAA-WG] Minutes from Conference call - Jun 23th

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Tue Jul 6 17:16:25 CDT 2010

Hi,

>> 2. Monitoring jobs not submitted by DRMAA - final decision
>
> - Important to be able to obtain information about non-DRMAA
>  jobs which have not ended.
>
> - Desirable to obtain information about non-DRMAA jobs which
>  have recently ended, where "recently" is DRM-defined.
>
> - Importance (and ability to obtain) information about jobs
>  submitted by others unclear.  Agreed that if there is support
>  for obtaining information about other's jobs, must support a
>  filter to limit to current user's jobs.
>
> - Desirable to obtain information about non-DRMAA jobs using
>  APIs similar to those used for jobInfo.  Use Dictionary type
>  to support DRM-specific info.

After some thinking, I decided to put that into the JobSession
interface:

=== snip ===
interface JobSession {
  readonly attribute string contact;
  readonly attribute string sessionName;
  Job getJob(string jobId);
  sequence<Job> getSessionJobs(JobInfo filter);
  sequence<Job> getAllJobs(JobInfo filter);
  Job runJob(in DRMAA::JobTemplate jobTemplate) raises (???);
=== snip ===
Non-session jobs are identified by not having the Job::session
attribute set. I am still unsure about the "filtering for current
user" part, since this would bring us the concept of  user name, which
was omitted so far.

Best,
Peter.