[DRMAA-WG] Meeting Minutes

Wed Oct 28 17:02:11 CDT 2009

Here are my minutes from today's meeting:

- Meeting minutes accepted
- OGF27 report
  - Most important is opportunity to work more closely together with SAGA
  - Potential F2F in Berlin in Dec
    - Doodle poll for time slot
  - Nothing much new with BES 1.1
  - Globus 5 will be based on Globus 2
    - Need to make sure the GRAM guy gives us feedback
- Metrics
  - Found DMTF doc listing what they've already standardized
    - JSDL uses that list
    - Annoyingly formulated strings -- very verbose
  - uname -a
    - Output not specific enough
    - Different interpretation on different OSes
    - Not a good choice
  - Happy medium?
    - Start with the DMTF list
    - Prune out the excessive information
      - Limit to what DRMs can actually report
        - e.g. RedHat,SuSe,CENTOS -> Linux
    - Want a complex list, regardless of DRM support for the OS
    - "Fairly doable in the short term, which makes it very acceptable."
    - We'll duke out the details on the mailing list