[DRMAA-WG] Machine attributes in Condor

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Wed Oct 28 16:41:28 CDT 2009

Hi,

in continuation of today's phone call, here are the possible CPU
architectures that the latest Condor 7.3 can report:

"ALPHA":Digital Alpha CPU
"HPPA1":Hewlett Packard PA-RISC 1.x CPU (i.e. PA-RISC 7000 series CPU)
based workstation
"HPPA2":Hewlett Packard PA-RISC 2.x CPU (i.e. PA-RISC 8000 series CPU)
based workstation
"IA64":Intel Itanium
"INTEL":Intel x86 CPU (Pentium, Xeon, etc).
"SGI":Silicon Graphics MIPS CPU
"SUN4u":Sun UltraSparc CPU
"SUN4x":A Sun Sparc CPU other than an UltraSparc, i.e. sun4m or sun4c
CPU found in older Sparc workstations such as the Sparc 10, Sparc 20,
IPC, IPX, etc.
"PPC":Power Macintosh
"PPC64":64-bit Power Macintosh
"X86_64":AMD/Intel 64-bit X86

And here are the operating systems:

"HPUX10":for HPUX 10.20
"HPUX11":for HPUX B.11.00
"LINUX":for LINUX 2.0.x, LINUX 2.2.x, LINUX 2.4.x, or LINUX 2.6.x
kernel systems
"OSF1":for Digital Unix 4.x
"OSX":for Darwin
"OSX10_2":for Darwin 6.4
"SOLARIS25":for Solaris 2.4 or 5.5
"SOLARIS251":for Solaris 2.5.1 or 5.5.1
"SOLARIS26":for Solaris 2.6 or 5.6
"SOLARIS27":for Solaris 2.7 or 5.7
"SOLARIS28":for Solaris 2.8 or 5.8
"SOLARIS29":for Solaris 2.9 or 5.9
"WINNT50":for Windows 2000
"WINNT51":for Windows XP
"WINNT52":for Windows Server 2003
"WINNT60":for Windows Vista

For me, this looks like a historically grown list. I will consider it
in my "DMTF-reduction" proposal. Can we have something similar for
other DRM's ?

Best,