[DRMAA-WG] Meeting Minutes - Conference call -May 12th -

Fritz Ferstl ferstl at sun.com
Wed May 13 03:16:30 CDT 2009

Per item #3. I'm still on the mailing list of the GGF/OGF UR-WG. This WG
is running for years now and once was tasked at standardizing usage
records. I must say that I haven't been looking into what they are doing
now for a very long time but it might be worth checking what they have
come up with.

Cheers,

Fritz

Daniel Gruber wrote:
> Participants in the call: Peter, Hrabri, Roger, Daniel G.
>
> 1. Meeting secretary for this meeting?
>
> Daniel G.
>
> 2. TERMINATED vs. FAILED - discussion reloaded, see
>
> http://www.ogf.org/pipermail/drmaa-wg/2009-May/001032.html
>
> The proposed solution (have one state [TERMINATED] for external
> reasons and one state [FAILED] for job related reasons) is
> OK for Condor and SGE but NOT for PBS. Hence it is not implementable
> on all platforms. So we keep the old model.
>
> 3. Issue #5878 - Standardized resource usage attributes
>
> ACTION ITEM: Collect information (attribute names and
> semantic) which resource attributes are available on different
> DRMS (out of the box).
> Daniel G.: SGE
> Roger: LSF
> Peter: Condor, (contact other DRM manufacturer)
> [FedSTage, GridWay]
> Mailing List Users: Please commit information for other DRMS.
>
> Next steps: Finding common subset of attributes.
>
> There could be semantical clashes of some concepts
> hence the question is to which level of detail should
> we formulate the attributes? Which concept? Dictionary?
>
> 4. Issue #5881 - Formulating resource requirements in job templates
>
> Data model is more or less same as 3. Keeping it synchronous
> with 3.
>
> ACTION ITEM: Same as for 3. Collect information for different
> DRMS.
>

> Additional agenda items:
>
> 5. DRMAA meeting on ISC
>
> Since the current progress is to slow it was accepted
> that we have a closed door meeting on ISC conference
> with 1 or 2 slots.
>
> 6. Conference call time
>
> The conference call time could be 3h later on the same day.
> So far all participants in conference call agreed.
> An official request on mailing list will follow.
>

> With kind regards,
>
> Daniel G.

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Fritz Ferstl
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7         Director Grid Engineering
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-110 / x60110
Germany                       Fax: +49 (0)941 3075-222 / x60222
http://www.sun.de             mailto:ferstl at sun.com
Registered Office / Sitz der Gesellschaft:
    Sun Microsystems GmbH
    Sonnenallee 1
    D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
    Germany
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich /
Handelsregistereintrag Amtsgericht Muenchen:
    HRB 161028
Managing Directors / Geschaeftsfuehrer:
    Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates
    Martin Haering