[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA v2

Tue Jan 20 10:46:24 CST 2009

A few proposals for the meeting today:

PT12:
< A language binding SHOULD specify numeric values for all DRMAA error
constants.
---
 > Such a language binding SHOULD specify numeric values for all DRMAA
error constants.

PT13:
I definitely agree that PartialTimestamp is a boondoggle.  I'm not sure
I agree with using ISO8601, though, mostly because it presupposes a
date/time *string*.  In a high order language, I want to be able to use
the native date/time object.  How about specifying that a language
should use a date/time object or primitive is it has one, and an ISO8601
string if it doesn't?

PT20:
I think we can handle the resource request pretty easily, and I think we
need it.  We just need to add a resourceRequest attribute of type
Dictionary and treat any such resource request as a hard request.
Alternatively, we could have a hardResourceRequest and a
softResourceRequest.  The former is simpler, but the later saves us from
talking about this again for DRMAAv3. :)

Thinking about whether a resource request should be an optional
attribute makes created in me a doubt about the value of the
UnsupportedAttributeException.  Should it be possible to have the
implementation just ignore unsupported optional attributes?  It would
certainly be easier than repeatedly attempting to submit until all the
offending attributes are removed from the template.  Maybe it would help
to have the exception detail *all* unsupported attributes at once.  Just
thinking out loud here...