[DRMAA-WG] Conference call -Feb 17th - 17:00 UTC (incl. task list)

Peter Tröger peter at troeger.eu
Mon Feb 16 03:56:36 CST 2009

Dear all,

the bi-weekly DRMAA call is scheduled on Feb 17th, 2009. The meeting
starts at

17:00 UTC == 18:00 CET (Berlin/Poland time) == 9:00 PST (Vancouver time)

Phone conference line sponsored by Sun:

Phone number (toll-free from US): +001-866-545-5227
Access code: 5988285

Preliminary meeting agenda:

1. Meeting secretary for this meeting?
2. Acceptance of last meeting minutes
3. Voting: sub-state as string vs. sub-state as string to be parsed
vs. sub-state as integer / enum
4. Job state discussion

We still have the following opinions under discussion:

Dan: TERMINATED state = resubmission might help, FAILED state =
resubmission unlikely to help (machine problem, misconfiguration)
Andre: TERMINATED state = triggered by an external entity, FAILED
state = job terminated by itself
Roger: FAILED state = job command line could not be executed
Drmaa1: FAILED state = job was running, but did not finish
successfully for some reason

How is the new TERMINATED state related to the wif_ functions ?

Issue #5875 (originally form the PBS experience report) criticizes
that FAILED currently expresses both user-requested termination and
job failure. How is this issue solved by the newly chosen approach ?

*Please* spend some thoughts until tomorrow, so that we can come to
some final voting here.

5. Replacement for partial time stamp functionality - please check if
your DRM / language binding would support our candidate ISO 8601.

Latest DRMAA2 draft document is attached.

Best regards,