[DRMAA-WG] Another proposal

Wed Feb 4 08:18:29 CST 2009

I agree that this proposal has no real meat to it.  It's just playing
around with names.  I do think, however, that it is valuable
nonetheless.  The idea of v2 is to make DRMAA more accessible and useful
to a wider audience.  If now isn't the time to clean up ugly parts of
the API, when is?  We renamed the drmaa_job_ps() operation in the IDL
spec for exactly the same reason.  I fail to see how the cost is more
than some time in one meeting and a few copies and pastes in the spec,
and that's a price I'm willing to pay to have a respectable API that
looks like it was designed by professionals.

Daniel