[DRMAA-WG] Versioning

Mon Nov 26 15:19:49 CST 2007

I think I answered my own question while sending the email with the new
version of the spec attached.  I think the answer is that the 1.0.1
version of the spec will report its version as 1.0.  We should probably
state that behavior explicitly in the getVersion() method description.
An implementation of a binding spec reports only the major and minor
numbers, truncating the dot-dot and later information.  This also
implies that an implementation of a dot-dot binding spec version must be
100% compatible with the preceding dot version of the spec.

Of course, that creates a problem for the 1.0.1 version I just posted.
In that version, getJobProgramStatus() is deprecated and getJobStatus()
is added.  Because the 1.0 version is the only version number that is
verifiable, only the 1.0 interface is visible, which defeats the change
in 1.0.1, basically forcing me to make it 1.1.  My problem with 1.1 is
that it sounds like it's unrelated to the 1.0 IDL binding spec.

Daniel