[DRMAA-WG] Torque/PBS DRMAA - drmaa_wi* POSIX equivalents II

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sat May 5 09:33:12 CDT 2007

The nice thing about the BES (and SAGA) state model is that
it is rather simple, and probably represents a common
denominator for many systems.

At the same time, it can easily cover backend specific
substates (e.g. the DRMAA distinction for two different
SUSPENDED states would be modeled as substates to one
SUSPENDED state).  These substates are, however, (mostly)
for informational purposes.

Anyway, I'd like to encourage you to check the BES/SAGA
state model in detail.  Its probably better described in the
BES doc, but possibly easier to understand in the SAGA spec
;-)

It would be nice if we could agree on one common job state
model at some point in the future...

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Peter Troeger] (May 04 2007):

--
"XML is like violence: if it does not help, use more."