[DRMAA-WG] Torque/PBS DRMAA - new optional attributes

Roger Brobst rogerb at cadence.com
Wed May 2 09:36:34 CDT 2007

> Currently, users can specify resource requirements only
> using native specification or using job categories.
> This approach is DRMs dependant and not portable.
> It would be good to add some new optional attributes
> (e.g. number_cpu, min_memory) to deal with this problem.

The 'lack of portability' is a consequence of not specifying
an interface for number_cpu, min_memory, etc.

I don't think the 'approach' for specifying attributes
is inherently nonportable.

By the way,
In addition to 'native specification' and using 'job categories'
DRMAA implementations may introduce implementation-specific
job template attributes.

-Roger