[DRMAA-WG] Torque/PBS DRMAA - new optional attributes

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Tue May 1 21:13:21 CDT 2007

Issue:

Currently, users can specify resource requirements only using native
specification or using job categories. This approach is DRMs dependant
and not portable. It would be good to add some new optional attributes
(e.g. number_cpu, min_memory) to deal with this problem.

Some sort of extension mechanism might be necessary.  This is future
work.

If we add JSDL job specification we could solve this issue for many
additional attributes to be requested in the future.

-Hrabri