[DRMAA-WG] Torque/PBS DRMAA - drmaa_wi* POSIX equivalents II

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Tue May 1 21:13:18 CDT 2007

Issue:

Removing drmaa_wif* routines and introducing one-call semantics could
lead to more clear, consistent and informative job life cycle graph. For
example, additionally to the existing job states returned by
drmaa_job_ps(), we could imagine also states such as
DRMAA_JOB_PS_COREDUMPED or DRMAA_JOB_PS_SIGNALLED.
---------

If the drama_w* functions are present, this is not necessary.

If one day the drama_wif* routines are gone, we might need extensions
mechanism (like some other groups, JSDL or SAGA?) for the job states to
avoid explosions of states and implementation complexity.  This is
clearly future versions staff.

-Hrabri