[DRMAA-WG] Torque/PBS DRMAA - $drmaa_incr_ph$ issue

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Tue May 1 21:13:15 CDT 2007

Issue:

To ease handling of bulk jobs, we recommend adding the ability to use
$drmaa_incr_ph$ not only in file paths but also in program arguments and
environment variables.

The spec is not explicit regarding the program arguments part and
implies that it could be embedded into any attribute, but to be 100%
certain we would need to check the previous records to see if and what
the restrictions are.

We also need to check what is in the current implementations.  Could the
implementers, please respond to this thread?

Regarding the environment variables, I would argue we open a tracker and
treat the issue for future versions.

-Hrabri