[DRMAA-WG] JSDL and DRMAA <> RE: DRMAA Working GroupMeetingMinutes For 22 May 2007

Krzysztof Kurowski krzysztof.kurowski at man.poznan.pl
Fri Jun 1 05:53:00 CDT 2007

Hi Ignacio,

Ignacio Martin Llorente pisze:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I see that OpenDSP does not provide support for GridWay.
I do not understand your statement... The aim of the Open DRMAA Service
Provider
was to expose efficiently DRMAA routines over Web Services technologies
to external clients
or services, not to integrate various grid middlewares with OpenDSP.
Actually, people started using OpenDSP instead of heavy grid middlewares ;-)
You can take advantage of C, Java and .Net SDKs to integrate your
application with OpenDSP.
Note, that the another requirement for us came from more productive
computing environment
to handle up to 100 remote job submission and control requests per second.
> Fortunately, our colleagues from Sun APSTC have just started a new
> project "Multi-cluster scheduling for Sun N1 Grid Engine" to integrate OpenDSP and GridWay
> (http://apstc.sun.com.sg/content.php?l1=research&l2=projects&l3=newprojects).

Good to know! It looks more and more people use our stuff... good luck!
> GridWay supports the JSDL standard since version 5.2. In few days, we are releasing a new version supporting the JSDL HPC profile.
> DO you have more info about the DRMAA JSDL profile?

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no DRMAA JSDL profile,
people just mentioned this as an issue that we should discuss, right?

Thanks,
Chris