[DRMAA-WG] DRMAA Perl Bindings

Peter Troeger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Dec 13 07:51:39 CST 2007

Dear Tim and Javier,

thanks for working on DRMAA implementations, which is always great
news for us.

I would like to encourage you to transfer your knowledge into an
official OGF DRMAA Perl language binding document, and base your
implementation on it. This would allow future adopters - maybe Sun ;-)
- to build Perl DRMAA implementations by some referable document,
which at the end ensures Perl application portability.

You might know that the DRMAA group developed a language-neutral IDL
spec of DRMAA, in order to ease up exactly such an effort. It is
currently in public comment status:

http://www.ogf.org/Public_Comment_Docs/Documents/2007-12/ggf-drmaa-idl-binding-v1%2000%20RC7.pdf

If you have the time, please read it and try to find mappings between
the IDL constructs and Perl. I would be glad to help you with this.
You might end up with a different API than it is in CPAN now, but you
will get the "OGF-DRMAA-compliant" button on your implementation(s)
for the future.

Thanks and best regards,
Peter.