[DRMAA-WG] FW: IDL spec comments from GFSG

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Thu Dec 6 08:57:42 CST 2007

> From Peter Troeger

>As you can see in the last meeting minutes, DRMAA group is still
>discussing about the effect for the version numbers. The current advice

>is to stick with your implementation(s) until the C / Java language
>binding reached some OGF document status.

To elaborate further here ...

It is best to refer to either current IDL version in public comment if
you are releasing OO implementation
(C# or Java) or published DRMAA GFD.22 OGF Recommendation document for
procedural languages.  These two are the only OGF documents.
The former will have version 1.0 when published and the latter has
already set version 1.0, so for now these are the version numbers to
refer to.

For now the plan is to release language binding documents as OGF
documents.  There is an effort underway to align their version numbers
to the IDL and GFD.22 documents.  As  Peter said there is some hoistory
of informally released document and implementations that we need to
reconcile and we are reluctant to have hammer approach for that.

Regards,

Hrabri