[drmaa-wg] Feb 21st 2006 Meeting Minutes

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Tue Feb 21 15:31:12 CST 2006

Dan,

I do not think this is a good idea (in Tracker 1568 text):

"The spec should also state
 that calling drmaa_wait(DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY) when the
 session contains no jobs will result in the call blocking until
 a job completes (necessarily after being submitted)."

In a single threaded app drmaa_wait(DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY) blocks
forever.  Despite a bad app logic, there is no reason to be so strict.
If there are no wait able jobs it would be better to return an error.

Moreover Tracker 1400 resolution is incompatible with the above text:
"If there are no running of (**should be "or" here**) completed jobs the
routine returns DRMAA_ERRNO_INVALID_JOB error."

drmaa_synchronize() with DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY could be used in use
cases where we need the fastest obtainable result to move to the next
stage.

Regards

	Hrabri

Of