[drmaa-wg] Feb 21st 2006 Meeting Minutes

Tue Feb 21 13:19:10 CST 2006

I have added a comment to 1568 to clarify.  Let me know if I need to be
clearer or if anyone disagrees.

As an aside, is it possible to call drmaa_synchronize() with
DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY?  I don't think we foresaw that case in the
SGE implementation.

Daniel

Peter Troeger wrote On 02/21/06 19:09,:

>Dear all,
>
>the results of the phone conference are now reflected in the GridForge
>tracker items, by comment and status changes. There is only one pending
>issue left, which needs some additional note from Dan in order to get a
>final solution.
>
>Best regards,
>Peter.
>

>Daniel Templeton schrieb:
>

>>o Minutes for Jan 24th
>>  - Accepted
>>o Doc schedule
>>  - Ready by April to submit everything
>>o IDL doc strategy
>>  - We have a few months (~6) before we're done with 1.0 spec
>>  - Could use that time to start on IDL doc
>>  - After we're done, we have to dissolve
>>  - Put together IDL docs and submit them as proposed recommendation
>>  - Java and .Net docs should also get submitted
>>  - Be in better position for DRMAA 2 WG
>>  - May need to recruit some new members if we want a new WG
>>  - If our only goal is to have it published somewhere, GFD might be a
>>better path
>>  - Peter and Dan will be in charge of getting the IDL doc published,
>>somehow
>>  - We just need to make sure we don't lose the work when we disband
>>o DRMAA Wiki
>>  - GridForge will be getting a Wiki
>>  - Need to consider backups & maintentance
>>  - Happy to have our own Wiki
>>  - A lot of work to join an existing community
>>  - Be better to leverage product communities than GGF community
>>    . Where the momentum comes from
>>  - We have a functional solution, so let's just keep things as they are
>>  - Backups are currently a worry, but there's so little to backup, it's
>>not much of an issue
>>o Trackers
>>  - Finally caught up
>>  - All fixed except 1151
>>    . Incompatible changes are problematic
>>    . Delay until after 1.0 -- agreed
>>  - Someone please close the fixed issues
>>  - Will send around latest version of the spec
>>  - 781 -- Will back-link to job category and native spec chapters
>>  - 1125 -- Will borrow the text from the IDL doc and the SGE man pages
>>  - 1289 -- Will borrow the text from the IDL doc
>>  - 1396 -- Delay for IDL spec
>>  - 1566 -- Delay for post-1.0 discussion
>>  - 1568 -- Handle offline
>>  - 1587 -- Delay for IDL spec
>>  - 1683 -- Will borrow the text from the IDL doc
>>  - 1684 -- Rejected
>>  - 1686 -- Agreed, need to augment for empty session (1568)
>>  - 1727 -- Delay for post-1.0 discussion
>>  - All fixed trackers must be worked into the spec
>>  - Need independent verification
>>    . Except for very minor fixes
>>  - No remaining issues
>>o SGE Exp Doc
>>  - Still need to wrap it up
>>  - Should be done by mid March

*         Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749           *
*        Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine          *
* "What's the sense in never thinkin' 'bout the tomb *
*  When you're much too busy returning to the womb?" *
*                  -They Might Be Giants             *