[drmaa-wg] DRMAA newbie questions

Tue Feb 7 13:44:37 CST 2006

Guillaume,

Aside from tranfer files, there isn't anything to help with moving files
around.  You'll have to rely on the DRM.  You may be able to use the
native specification or job category to do it in a DRM-independent fashion.

Same thing with number of nodes.  You could use native specification or
job category.  Other than that, DRMAA doesn't offer anything.  There is
some chance that sometime in the future we will integrate with JSDL,
which does have a way to express CPU needs.  That's far from a
certainty, though, and won't happen for a while in any case.

Daniel

Alleon, Guillaume wrote On 02/07/06 20:02,:

>Hi daniel,
>
>Daniel Templeton a écrit :
>

>>Alleon
>>
>>The drmaa_transfer_files attribute allows you to use the stderr/out/in
>>attributes to specify file staging.  As for CPUs/nodes, there's nothing.
>>

>I knew about this "drmaa_transfer_files" attribute for stderr/out/in.
>What I had in mind is the other files that may needed by my job.
>
>Is there some planned extensions for CPUs/nodes.
>
>Cheers
>Guillaume
>

>>Daniel
>>
>>Alleon, Guillaume wrote On 02/07/06 18:33,:
>>

>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I must start by saying that I probably don't know the spec
>>>perfectly ;-)
>>>Having said that, let's go for questions that may be stupid !
>>>
>>>Is there in DRMAA something dealing with file transfer (I mean
>>>other files than stdin/stdout/stderr). Or is this something that
>>>is considered out of the scope of DRMAA. In this case, is there
>>>a working group specifically dedicated to this because all  my
>>>problems are now with data management.
>>>
>>>It looks that there is no specific support for properties related to
>>>number of nodes/CPUS ? Again should I go through non specific job
>>>properties? I though this was something common to all DRM ?
>>>

>>>Cheers

*        Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
*   An "intellectual" is a man who takes more     *
* words than he needs to say more than he knows.  *
*                       -Dwight D. Eisenhower     *