[DRMAA-WG] Proposal for IDL spec v1.0

Peter Troeger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Dec 14 07:22:29 CST 2006

Hi,

Dan and me finished the IDL specification work on a very productive
face2face meeting last week in Regensburg. Therefore, you can find
attached our proposed v1.0 for the DRMAA IDL specification. The latest
changes:

- application of OGF doc style
- inclusion of TimeAmount concept as discussed on an earlier phone
conference
- scoping of some attributes and parameters, in order to avoid clashes
with none-case-sensitive programming languages
- removal of getraises usage in attributes (does not work with any IDL tool)
- inclusion of generated complete IDL file in the annex
- several minor bug fixes

Dan and me kindly ask ALL of you to check this document for correctness
and ease of understanding. As already decided by the group, we will then
submit the resulting spec to OGF for the proposed recommendation track.

Due to some ugly Word formatting issues, I only send a PDF for review.
Please comment by using section and chapter numbers as reference.

Thanks and regards,
Peter.

P.S.: For fun reasons, I tested the compilation of our resulting spec
with some IDL compilers. The JDK compiler (idlj) and OmniOrb compiler
(omniidl) work without errors, some others like fnidl have their
problems with CORBA value types.