[drmaa-wg] SAGA Core API - last call for comments

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Fri Aug 18 10:15:53 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

attached is the release candidate 1 of the SAGA Core API
specification.  We want to ask you for final comments and
corrections before we submit the document to the editor.

Please note that several FIXME's are still in the text, and
please note also that Appendix B contains a list of known
open issues -- there is no need to report these issues back,
as we are working on those already (of course,
additions/comments/corrections to the issues are welcome).

We would like to ask you for feedback in respect to the
following points:

  - do you consider your use case implementable in that API?
  - is the API simple?
  - is it correct?
    - is the semantic what you would expect?
    - is the syntax what you would expect?
  - is the description detailed enough?
  - would you be able to implement the SAGA API with the
    spec?
  - any other comments?

The SAGA spec is by now a proud 213 page document.  We don't
expect everybody to read the whole lot (although that would
be great ;-).  So please feel free to pick those section you
are interested in, and feel most comfortable with commenting
on.  We would like to recommend to read the General Design
section though, or at least skim through it.

We would like to submit the spec into the editor pipeline in
about two weeks from now - for tat reason, we would
appreciate feedback in the next 10 days (deadline: Sunday,
August 27th).  Of course you will have the ooportunity to
comment later as well, as the document will enter the 60 day
public comment -- however, we wouold like to catch critical
errors before that.

Please feel free to forward this request for feedback to
whomever it may concern.  Fedback is best given on the
SAGA-RG mailing list (saga-rg at ggf.org), you'll have to
subscribe to post though.  Alternatively you can send email
to me or the other authors (emails are given in the doc).

Many thanks for your time,

  Andre and the other SAGA-RG/SAGA-CORE-WG chairs.

PS.: if you are don't know what SAGA is all about, have a
     look at our requirement document (GFD.71) at
     http://forge.ggf.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.saga-rg/docman.root/doc12185/2

--
"So much time, so little to do..."  -- Garfield