[drmaa-wg] Web service DRMAA interface?

Peter Troeger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Sep 19 08:01:41 CDT 2005

As stated earlier, I already spent some thoughts in these issues. One
valid solution seems to be WS-Addressing (one part of WSRF). Among other
things, the specification defines how you can perform an asynchronous
web service call. With such a mechanism in place, the blocking
drmaa_wait() call is performed by the caller through waiting for the
asynchronous operation result. However, this demands clarification of
what is happening if multiple interleaved operation calls appear from
the same client.

Considering our current time plan, I would not expect anything before
the beginning of next year (Hrabri ?). Anyway it is good to know that
there is interest in such a mapping. If you have a specific use case for
"WS-DRMAA", please give us more details, so that we can consider your
requirements in upcoming DRMAA versions.

Regards,
Peter.