[GE users] Re: [drmaa-wg] Re: [GE users] python DRMAA module

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 20 11:41:06 CDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Daniel Templeton wrote:

> Rayson,
>
> The reason I suggest putting it in the source tree is so that it can be
> updated easily.  Storing it anywhere as a tarball invites versioning
> problems.  The Java language binding is also used by other DRMs, but
> it's in our source tree as well.

Agreed.

> Here's a question, though.  Will the Perl & Python modules run
> unmodified on other DRMAA C binding implementations?  I suspect that
> there will at least be some minor tweaks required to make them work.
> With that in mind, it makes sense to host the source in the SGE source
> tree, and the binaries as downloads from the websites of their
> respective DRMs, such as the downloads area of gridengine.sunsource.net.

Actually there may not be a need for DRM-specific modules. So ready-to-use
scripting language modules ideally would be available via drmaa.org. The
module sources nevertheless could be kept in gridengine.sunsource.net CVS.

But Rayson is right: We don't need to decide this today. If Enrico sends me
a tar.gz I can make it available through download area at first.

Regards,
Andreas