[GE users] Re: [drmaa-wg] Re: [GE users] python DRMAA module

Thu Oct 20 11:11:11 CDT 2005

Rayson,

The reason I suggest putting it in the source tree is so that it can be
updated easily.  Storing it anywhere as a tarball invites versioning
problems.  The Java language binding is also used by other DRMs, but
it's in our source tree as well.

Here's a question, though.  Will the Perl & Python modules run
unmodified on other DRMAA C binding implementations?  I suspect that
there will at least be some minor tweaks required to make them work.
With that in mind, it makes sense to host the source in the SGE source
tree, and the binaries as downloads from the websites of their
respective DRMs, such as the downloads area of gridengine.sunsource.net.

Daniel

Rayson Ho wrote On 10/20/05 18:04,:

>However, it is not strictly a Gridengine thing -- other DRMs can use
>it, may be it should be hosted by drmaa.org??
>
>Anyway... let's put it in the download area so that other people can
>take a look, and let Tim have a chance to review the changes needed
>for the SWIG interrface file.
>
>Rayson
>

>On 10/20/05, Daniel Templeton <Dan.Templeton at sun.com> wrote:
>

>>I think that including it in the source tree is a good idea.  The
>>document download area is not a good way place to keep a project.  I
>>would stick it in the source/experimental directory.
>>
>>Daniel

*        Daniel Templeton   ERGB01 x60220         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
* "So let the sunshine in.  Face it with a grin.  *
*  Smilers never lose, and frowners never win."   *
*      -Let the Sunshine In, Pebbles Flintstone   *