[drmaa-wg] SGE, drmaa_job_ps and DRMAA sessions

Áncor González Sosa ancorgs at softhome.net
Wed Mar 2 17:34:19 CST 2005

I'm developing a webmin module for submiting jobs and fetching the results in
a cluster with Sun Grid Engine 6.0u1. I'm using Scheduler::DRMAAc, the Perl
wrapper of the C binding of the DRMAA specification.

My problem is that drmaa_job_ps() only works for jobs that have been submited
in the current DRMAA session. Is this the expected behavior in any DRMAA
implementation or is a feature/bug of SGE 6? I'm not sure, even after reading
the DRMAA 1.0 specification paper. If it is the normal behavior of a DRMAA
system, I find DRMAA really useless for "unattended" execution.

Greetings
--
                                        .--.
  LINUX                                |o_o |

  Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Woody)