[drmaa-wg] C Binding Spec 0.96

Mon Jan 17 04:20:46 CST 2005

Here's my first draft of the C binding spec rewrite.  Believe it or not,
it's even longer than the Java language binding spec!  I have not yet
done a thorough proof reading, so if someone would like to do that, it
would probably be a good thing.

In this document, I added "fixes" but no "changes."  A change is
something new, like my drmaa_attr_get_num_elem() function.  A fix is
something that was either broken in the previous version of the C spec,
or broken in the language independent spec.  I have erred on the side of
being inclusive, as it is easier to take thing out than to add them in.
  Someone needs to check through my function return codes.  It is likely
that some of them need to be removed.

I have tried to avoid adding original, new text if possible.  The
majority of the text in this document comes from the previous C spec,
the language independent spec, or the Java language spec.  Where there
was a need for text which did not previously exist, I wrote it myself.

The last sentence of Section 3 needs to be expanded into its own section
instead of just referencing the language independent spec.  I didn't
feel this was something I should do on my own, so I didn't.

Please, someone read this through thoroughly.  I've stared at it for 4
days now, so I'm blind to the mistakes.