[drmaa-wg] Session Required?

Rajic, Hrabri hrabri.rajic at intel.com
Fri Jan 14 16:06:52 CST 2005

100% agree.  To reach the DRM system particular functionality via native
specification or job categories job attribute require an established
session.
The request primarily comes when there are possibilities to choose a
particular implementation when two or more are available.

Even when using different contact strings within the same DRMAA
implementation, that interface to different DRMS versions would need
established session to properly evaluate DRMS dependent attributes.
Lack of DRMAA_ERRNO_NO_ACTIVE_SESSION error code in the job attribute
routines appears as a minor hole in the language independent spec.

It is ironic that DRM system independent spec such as DRMAA needs DRMS
or session info to construct a job template or job request.

    -Hrabri