[drmaa-wg] C Binding

Wed Jan 12 09:53:18 CST 2005

I've started to work on the C binding doc.  There's something I've been
dying to do since I started with DRMAA, and now that I have my hands on
the C spec, I think it's a good time to do it.  That is namely to fix
the drmaa_attr_*_t structures.  They are currently unusable.  In order
to do anything useful with them, we need either a way to get the count
of the elements in the structure or to reset the cursor to the beginning
of the list or both.  Here's are the 6 new functions I propose:

int drmaa_get_num_attr_names(drmaa_attr_names_t* values, int* count);
int drmaa_get_num_attr_values(drmaa_attr_values_t* values, int* count);
int drmaa_get_num_attr_ids(drmaa_attr_ids_t* values, int* count);
int drmaa_reset_attr_names(drmaa_attr_names_t* values);
int drmaa_reset_attr_values(drmaa_attr_values_t* values);
int drmaa_reset_attr_ids(drmaa_attr_ids_t* values);

I strongly recommend we at least add one set or the other.  My
preference would be both, but I think the first set is the more
important.  Does anyone have anything against adding these functions?

*        Daniel Templeton   ERGB01 x60220         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
* "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." *
*                    -Dr. Emmett Brown            *
*                     Back to the Future (1985)   *