[drmaa-wg] Definition of DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ALL

Roger Brobst rogerb at cadence.com
Thu Feb 10 09:02:38 CST 2005

As per the Introduction section of the
    Distributed Resource Managemeent Application API
    Specification 1.0
it is desirable for the end-user to decide upon the
appropriate DRMAA implementation that DRMAA-enabled
software provided by an ISV should use.

Because it is undesirable to need to recompile the
ISV software for a specific DRMAA implementation,
constant values which become embedded within
the drmaa-enabled software should be consistent
between DRMMA implementations.

Hence, I believe the specification should indicate
concrete values for DRMMA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY and _ALL

The Distributed Resource Managemeent API C Binding-v0.96
specification does specify concrete values for these on
Page 4 (although the values are unfortunately reversed).

-Roger