[drmaa-wg] Definition of DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ALL

Peter Troeger peter.troeger at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 9 15:45:03 CST 2005

Hi,

I have a consistency question: DRMAA 1.0 defines the concrete
placeholder strings for home directory, working directory and the
parametric index in job template arguments: "$drmaa_hd_ph$",
"$drmaa_wd_ph$" and "$drmaa_incr_ph$". On the other side, the values for
DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ALL and DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY strings are not
given by the spec, so they are free for the particular implementation.
If this was an intended differentiation, I would like to know the reason.
Actually I can not see the reason for the concrete specification of some
of the constant values. I think it would be more useful to let the
library implementer choose all of them. One example is Condor, which has
already has the definition of a constant string that represents the job
index - "$(Process)".

Thank you and regards,