[drmaa-wg] corrections to api specification

Greg Hewgill ghewgill at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 11:19:25 CST 2004

I am currently implementing a DRMAA interface on top of an existing
job control system. I'm reading the document "C Bindings DRMAA 1.0
Specification document version 0.95" linked from http://drmaa.org. I
have found a number of errors in this document:

Interface header file:

- The DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ALL and DRMAA_JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY
definitions appear to be mixed up. The _ALL constant is defined to the
_ANY string and vice versa.

- The DRMAA_DURATION_HLIMIT and DRMAA_DURATION_SLIMIT constants have
misspellings in their definitions ("durartion").

C binding example:

- There are unnecessary semicolons after the first three #include directives.

- A cut and paste error seems to have introduced two spurious lines
including "drmaa-wg at gridforum.org" and a page number in the program
text. This also caused an indent formatting error starting with "if
(argc < 2)".

- In the statement "for (i=0; I < NBULKS; i++)", I should be a lowercase i.

- After the second call to create_job_template(), the error message
refers to a create_sleeper_job_template() function.

- In the statement "for (i=0; I JOB_CHUNK; i++)", the I should be
lowercase and a less-than sign is missing.

- In the "finished regularly" status message, a % is missing in the
format specifier for exit status.

In "Distributed Resource Management Application API Specification
1.0", I was also wondering about the definition of some of the job
template allowed values. The drmaa_block_email attribute allows "0" or
"1", while the drmaa_join_files attribute allows "y" or "n". Should
these not be consistent?

Greg Hewgill